||DESCRIPTION:||RECEPTACLES-Attachment Plug Type and Plugs
- receptacles consisting of one or more female contact devices on the same yoke, installed
at an outlet for the connection of one or more attachment plugs, and including duplex,
single, flush mounted, surface mounted, split, isolated ground and hospital grade types
and special use and appliance receptacles, used mainly in household, office, hospital and
industrial applications and in electrical and electronic equipment;
- equipment power inlets (male), such as male receptacles or motor bases for use mainly on
- special use attachment plugs and cord connectors which mate with the special-use
receptacles and equipment power inlets included above;
- connectors with plastic housings having male and female contact devices, such as card
edge connectors and printed circuit board connectors for internal use in electronic
equipment and in similar applications.
This category does not include general use attachment plugs and connector bodies,
CO/ALR receptacles, switched receptacles or current taps.
|CSA Standard C22.2 No 0
||General Requirements - Canadian Electrical Code, Part II
|CSA Standard C22.2 No 42
||General Use Receptacles, Plugs, and Similar Wiring Devices
|CSA Standard C22.2 No 182.1
||Plugs, Receptacles and Connectors of the Pin and Sleeve Type
|CSA Standard C22.2 No 182.2
||Industrial Locking Type, Special Use Attachment Plugs,
Receptacles and Connectors
|CSA Standard C22.2 No 182.3
||Special Use Attachment Plugs, Receptacles and Connectors
The Certified equipment appearing in this classification is judged to comply with the
applicable requirements of the NFPA 70 National Electrical Code (NEC).
- submittor's identification;
- model designation or equivalent at least on containing carton;
- complete electrical rating;
- terminal identification by colour or otherwise;
- date code or equivalent except on hospital grade and isolated ground types;
- green dot on hospital grade devices;
- orange triangle on isolated ground devices;
- "ISOLATED GROUND" on isolated ground devices;
- "CU-AL" where applicable;
- additional markings as may be required;
- CSA Monogram.
In addition, equipment intended for display, sale or use in the USA, is required to
include other information such as warning statements, installation instructions, etc., as
may be specified in the NEC.